A global science superpower: the future of medicines valuation
This briefing gives an overview of the discussion at the event, 'A global science superpower: the future of medicines valuation'.
Reform was delighted to host a webinar on the future of medicines valuation in October 2020, with the generous support of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry. The Government has set out it's ambition to become a world leader in the life sciences. This will mean supporting the ecosystem through investment and regulation, and ensuring new treatments deliver value for money. This briefing gives an overview of the discussion that took place at the event.
The panellists included:
- Lord Bethell of Romford, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Department of Health and Social Care
- Professor Gillian Leng CBE, Chief Executive, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence
- Samantha Benham-Hermetz, Director of Policy and Public Affairs, Alzheimer’s Research UK
- Dr Richard Torbett, Chief Executive, Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry
- Eleonora Harwich, Director of Research, Reform (Chair)