A modern machine, designed to deliverRead the full report
This event write-up brings together ideas generated at two Reform policy roundtables, led by Dame Dr Emily Lawson DBE, then head of the No.10 Delivery Unit and Sapana Agrawal, Director of Modernisation and Reform in the Cabinet Office.
These events were kindly supported by Newton Europe. They form part of a five-part series of roundtables with Whitehall leaders, which will culminate in a ‘Manifesto for delivery’ to inform an incoming government.
The write-up covers the following key areas:
- Establishing a common sense of purpose
- Collaboration, not command and control
- Continuous improvement
- Data and data sharing
- Integrating policy and operations
- Making best use of the functions
- 'Functional connectors' and 'matrix navigators'
- A customer-first approach