Reformer Thoughts: 'The future of post-Brexit regulation'
This Reformer Thoughts discusses the steps the UK must take to deliver a dynamic and responsive regulatory system for medicines and medical devices post-Brexit.
This paper brings together experts from Government, the medical community, and the life sciences industry. This Reformer Thoughts was kindly supported by AbbVie.
Thank you to all of our contributors which include:
- Matthew Fetzer, Researcher, Reform
- Emma Du Four, Head of International Regulatory Policy and Intelligence, AbbVie
- George Freeman MP, former Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Life Sciences
- Dr Hugh Harvey and Dr Stephanie Kuku, Hardian Health
- Dr Rabia Khan, Managing Director Discovery Sciences Division, Sensyne Health
- Professor Jean McHale, Professor Muireann Quigley, Dr Laura Downey and Dr Rachael Dickson, University of Birmingham
- Dr Richard Simcock, Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Claudia Martinez, Health Policy Fellow, Reform
On 16 September 2020, an updated version of this paper was published, including a new infographic illustrating the regulatory pathway for medicines and medical devices post-Brexit.